Thursday, June 13, 2013

Friends, Can We Talk?

I thought I would say something instead of wishing things were different. I'm feeling kinda left out. I live on the other side of the world from just about every friend I ever had. This is a choice we made in submission to God's will and honestly, I love it here and wouldn't trade being at the center of God's will for the best friendships here on earth.

But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to hear from you now and again. You don't need a long bio of what you have been up to in the year since we left or apologies for not writing sooner, I just want to know what you have been up to, what God is doing in your life, maybe a picture or two of your family or growing kids. I have gotten a few emails from people saying they knew I probably had tons of other emails to go through so they would be quick. Well, truth is I don't. I get more emails from my bank than my friends.

Please! Don't read this as me feeling sorry for myself or trying to make anyone feel bad!! I just want to paint reality so that if you think I am some super missionary who is too busy and doesn't have time to hear what is going on back home, please know, that is not the case! A good friend sent me a simple paragraph update of her family and little growing girl, some pictures at the zoo, bike riding, around the house etc. It was perfect! The girls look at the pictures over and over and we love it.

Truth is, it's hard to connect and my responses may be quite a bit more delayed than you're used to but that is just evidence of living in an internet-less village. Not because I don't care. Also, because we don't have connection, we aren't able to keep up with Facebook. Even when we get connection we are also running around getting supplies like toilet paper to take back to Busi with us. This does not allow much time for surfing the net. But we can download our email to read for the rest of the month.

Ok, the biggest deal to me is this: I LOVE pregnancy and childbirth. Ok, I'm weird and I actually think it may be something God is developing in me. (Hmm, maybe more on that another day!) So, please, please, shoot me an email when you tell people you are expecting and send us a picture when your baby is born. (Even if it is a month later once you start seeing straight again). Nothing feels more left out for me right now than to find out someone had a baby and I didn't even know they were pregnant!

Ok, recap. This is not a guilt trip. This is not aimed at anyone in particular. I want to be a part of your life but it is difficult considering the circumstances. I want to work on getting better at making time for emails even though it is more work and keeping my blog current. This will let people know what we are doing. You can help by giving me a one line announcement that you are expecting or send a picture of that beautiful new baby, or even a few shots of your life lately. We didn't have to be best friends. If you are reading this, we have enough of a relationship for you to share your life with me!

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being real! I'll be sending some more everyday stuff, now that I know how to upload to our computer. I couldn't believe how much we enjoyed just watching the video of you guys that you gave mom! It really felt like we somehow were part of your life.
    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda!! I didn't know you had been blogging some more!! I just buzzed over to Mat's blog and saw your link and clicked and wahlah-new blog posts! I can't comment on Mat's posts because I'm not on facebook, so it's nice to connect here...emailing is best though..?

    anyhoo..I am so glad I saw this, apparently I need to "subscribe" here or something! I won't have any babies growing in me to report or anything (haha)...but I will certainly make the effort to write to you more!! It's just that when I do it usually turns into a book ;D I'll have try the tid-bit approach :)

    Here's kind of a tidbit..

    The reason I buzzed over this way is because I wanted to get the name of the villiage you are at correct. I'll be introducing a new ministry in church tomorrow, (it's called Rethink Mercy - an initiative of the Childrens Hunger Fund) and as part of the intro I wanted to reminded everyone of Mat's words (and by proxy yours) to us before you left---that while you guys may be on the other side of the world sharing the gospel we have people in right in our own backyards who need to hear it too and that's what we ought to be doing. That was a convicting, impactful thing to hear coming from a family about to embark on such a journey as you have.

    Speaking of which-you *may* have already heard that this past week we sent Mike and Samantha Wallace off to Turkey for a couple years...it amazes me that our little church has all these missionaries out in the field! God is so good..

    I think about you guys often and continue to pray for you,,and super miss you (!)

    Love to all ~ XXOO
    S

    ReplyDelete